Friday, January 20, 2017

Turkey November 28, 2016

Dear Family,

     First of all, my new companion is actually from Sierra Leone in west Africa but he went to Chicago for most of high school so he knows English for the most part. He still has a pretty thick accent but now that I have been with him for a week or so, I can understand him a lot better. But he's cool, he's very patient and nice and he just wants to be the best missionary he can be, I can live with that haha.
    Well anyways, Happy Thanksgiving. Yes we got fed, a few times actually. We went to our fist dinner, got ful,l then we left that one to go to our second dinner and ate another dinner. Yeah, it was pretty fun but a struggle at the same time. I was trying all the tricks to fit in more food, beside throwing up, the Tongan roll, the Utah squish, holding your breath and flex your abs and squish, lots of squishing. And then we went somewhere else for dessert. Good times. I seriously think that there should be a Thanksgiving nap time set into place by the entire world, the whole world will nap for a period of time on Thanksgiving. If you don't take a nap, you will be prosecuted in a court of law and sentenced to jail time. Sounds good, right :)
    My new area is pretty good, it's pretty big compared to some of my other areas. I had to give a lesson on the fly on Sunday. It wasn't bad but I wouldn't say it was good either. What can you do, haha, the life of a missionary is winging it at Church when no one else can. It's funny, there was a family that I knew from my first area in this Ward because they moved into the Ward while I was other places. So that was cool. Lots of other cool people that I know like their sibling in another ward. So tha'ts fun too.
      I love you guys
Ryan, you low key look like Mario in those pictures, luv you :) 
love 
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment