Friday, January 20, 2017

Fun December 19, 2016



Dear Family,
     This week had some fun points. The first one: we went to the Sheriffs landing pad for the helicopters. It was pretty fun. we watched a helicopter land and one take off. Standing underneath one when it takes off is pretty windy. Who would have guessed. We also got into one called the Pumba. It was a very big one. There are so many little buttons in those things. But yes, it was pretty cool.
     Then for the weekend we went to the LA visitors center. We dropped by a former investigator and she was all like, "hey, I was trying to go to the Temple thingy last year" "oh, do you want to go this Year" said me. "yes" So we were off! One of our members took us all there. Shirley is the investigator. She is very talky but fun. Sister Gilliland, the member,  made us all sandwiches to eat on the way up and then she told Shirley all about the Temple. It was just awesome. Since its Christmas time, the Temple does a bunch of performances at the visitors center. We went to one of those and we saw the bell choir. It was awesome. I have never seen that before and they were good. We had front row seats. We all had a really good time walking around the Temple, just enjoying the peace of it all. While we were there, I ran into people from the Huntington Beach Stake. They were not from the ward I worked in but I knew them anyway. Brother Augustus was there. I see him all the time I feel like. He's the guy that worked on my foot. He's the guy that we taught his mother in Japanese. He's the guy we got a ride in his Tesla and the one who took us to all you can eat sushi. So of course I had to bump into him at the Temple ha. 
     I gave a talk on Sunday, went well. But it was pretty hot in there for some reason. I thought it was just me being nervous but then I was talking to a guy about it and he told me that he was burning up too. So that was good because I was like man, why am I so hot, am I that nervous. But no, it was actually hot.
     We had a couple good lessons with people this week. For some reason, they were both kind of long but we learned a lot about what they needed so that was good. 
     I love you guys 
Love,
Elder Richards
Lauper White Elephant Exchange

Lauper White Elephant Exchange

Lauper White Elephant Exchange

Lauper White Elephant Exchange

No comments:

Post a Comment