Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Balut and Duryin June 6, 2015

Dear Family,

       So, yeah, as you know I had balut for dessert at a members home. It was pretty interesting. When you first crack the top (of the egg),  you actually drink the liquid that is inside first and then peel the rest and eat it. To be honest, it just tasted kind of like egg yoke. Yeah, my stomach wasn't doing well with food in general that night, but it was interesting. I bit the head of the duck off. It was also fun to pull little bones out of my teeth. But wait, there's more! We also had this stuff called Duryin. I am prob not spelling that right at all but it is mostly described like this: "tastses like heaven, smells like hell" and yes, it does kind of have the smell of propane and something else but the taste wasn't that great either, haha. It was not terrible, just not something I didn't really want to keep eating. So that was the food adventure I had.
     This week was also the Jubilee for the Huntington Beach Stake. They put on this little show and other things in the building to celebrate it in the church building. So we got an investigator and we went to see the show. They were just singing a bunch of random songs and dancing, but it was pretty good. I really liked it. Some people have some awesome talent. They had the little kids running around singing too. Some songs were like "The Circle of Life" and "Seize the Day" from Newsies and also things like "That's How You Know She Loves You" form Enchanted. It was pretty sweet. Our investigators also liked it. But now I really want to watch Disney movies and stuff like that. But it can not be.
     My companion is going home tomorrow....at like 4:30 in the morning. Then my new companion should come in. His name is Elder Ashton. I don't really know him but he seems pretty cool.
Love you guys.

Love,

Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment