Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The Learning October 5, 2015

Dear Family,
            This week has been pretty good. You gotta love General Conference because it's like that only time that you get to rest and just listen to a bunch of awesome uplifting stuff. I don't really have a favorite talk because I liked a lot of them and I got something pretty nice from each of them. With the ponderizing thing, I was already working on Scripture Mastery so right now I guess my scripture would be 2 Nephi 9 : 28 -29. ( 28 O that cunning plan of the evil one! O the vainness, and the frailties, and the foolishness of men! When they are learned they think they are wise, and they hearken not unto the counsel of God, for they set it aside, supposing they know of themselves, wherefore, their wisdom is foolishness and it profiteth them not. And they shall perish.
 29 But to be learned is good if they hearken unto the counsels of God.)

It was a little worry-some watching President Monson slowly sink and then just kinda like rushing through his talk to make sure that he got it all out. But it's all good because he got through it. It was nice and kinda funny, this was the first General Conference that I actually listened and stayed awake for the whole thing, haha. I think now that I'm a missionary, I appreciate all these things a lot more because they are all so awesome now and they used to just be cool in the past haha.
            Now I will tell you of the fun and new thing I did this week. For the first time in my life, I used a bidet (those special toilets). You prob don't care and don't want to hear about it, but I'm going to tell you anyways. So we are at dinner, at a members house having a jolly good time, as we always do. Then when my companion came back from the loo, he tells me of this mystical device that they had in the room of bath. I have always heard of bidets but I have never used one. So I stood up and went to go try out this magical instrument every one speaks of. I sat down made myself comfortable and next to me is a little lever type thingy. I thought that one would have to set it to the pressure they want and then press a button. But I was mistaken. I soon realized this when I cranked the thing on high and it shot me quite immediately. Out of sheer surprise I gave a little yelp. I quickly silenced myself so the others in the house would not hear me but it was too late. I could tell because they all were laughing like crazy on the other side of the door. haha So that my fun story for the week.
            This week has been good. It's not always easy but it is always worth it. I feel like I've learned some good things this week from General Conference and just going out and teaching.
           I love you all and pray for you all. I hope the best for you and may the Spirit be with you always.
                                             Love, 
                                                         Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment