Monday, September 28, 2015

Tender Mercies September 28, 2015

Dear Family,
           So to start out, I will talk about the awesome lesson that we had with our new investigator Rose. She was a referral. She is very nice and super curious about the Church, wants to know everything-- she tells us, ha. When we started, you could totally feel the Spirit, she even cried when we talked about how God loves her. Then the really awesome part is when we were teaching about the first vision, she was looking at the picture of the first vision while we told of the account. After we finished, she looked up at us and said, "I don't know why, but I feel like this is true." Now on the inside I'm just like DING DING you are correct! haha But on the outside we taught her about the Holy Ghost and how he speaks to us. The Spirit was strong and it's always awesome to see how the Lord prepares people for us to talk to. 
          Other things that happened this week: First, we have dinner with this one family, literally every Tuesday. We were talking on Sunday and the point came up that I have never had In-n-Out burger before.  The mother's eyes widened as she said "Never had In-n-Out burger before!? Well, guess where we are going on Tuesday". haha So on Tuesday, September 22nd, I had In-n-Out for the first time in my life. To say how the experience went, it was... good. I liked the burger but the fries weren't too good, haha. When I told Sister Vamanrov (the mother ) this, she said, "Oh I guess that's alright because you grew up eating Five Guys so I guess it makes sense you would like it better" but I could tell her eyes just said, you're wrong. In-n-Out is better." hahaha. Good times. We went back to In-n-Out later and I got a four by four and it was pretty good. 
          Another thing that happened that actually kinda salty. We were like a 20 min bike ride from home and it was 8:30 so we had to be home in 30 min. While we were trying to figure out who we could try by in the next ten mins before we went home, I looked down at my tire and saw a little speck or thingy on my tire. I'm like "hmm, lets brush that off". As soon as I did, a whole ton of air was rushing out of my tire. Apparently the little thingy was a little thorn that had put a hole in my tire. Like I said, salty because now a 20 min bike ride became a 40 min walk or something like that. But in that moment I turned around and beheld the YSA Elders with their car.  (Elders assigned to work with the age group of Young Single Adults) Immediately I call them over. We disassembled the bikes and somehow fit every thing into the car and got a ride home. We got home on time and that was most definitely a tender mercy from the Lord that the YSA Elders just happened to be on just the same street that we were on. Nailed it.
   So I love you guys, keep things awesome and the Church is true, may the Spirit be with you ... always 

                                                                                                  Love, Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment