Sunday, April 17, 2016

watashi April 11, 2016





Dear Family,

     To start off with the super Awesome ! Jyssika is now a baptized and confirmed member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was a very good baptism, plenty of people came and everything went smooth for the most part. A bunch of people strolled in late, one being the Bishop and we can't start without him, so yeah. But that actually was alright because some other important people didn't show up till later, so it all ended up working out. Other than that, there were no problems at all. It was fun. Jyssika's whole family was there and we know that they totally felt the Spirit so we are really excited to start teaching them. They tell us things like,"yeah, when I was watching Jyssika being baptized, I just had this super good feeling come over me, I can't really describe it but it was super good." So of course me and my companion are on the couch, giddy as little school girls, just ready to teach them about the Spirit and why they felt it. So that's what we did. Awesome ! Also most of my former companions were at the baptism so it was fun to see them too.
 
      Now I will tell you of this little service thing we ran into, ha. We were contacting like we usually do and while doing so we ran into a man named Adam. Adam was like "hey man, we are having a little party thing, you want to come and get some food?" We said yes. So we followed him into someone's back yard. It was a Hispanic kid's 1st birthday and it was jamin. They had some super loud Spanish music playin and they had some pork in this huge bucket thing and just kids goin wild. We sat in between two old women who, of course, did not speak a lick of English and we just pounded a ton of this Hispanic food. It was super good but man I was so full. Then Adam brought me another plate just full of this pork and salsa thing. I didn't even finish it and I felt like I was going to burst, haha. I called on my comp to help finish the food. Then came my favorite part when all the kids just started to shout Pinata! That's when the pinata came out.  So I climb a ladder and another kid got on the roof and we held the pinata for for kids to beat into oblivion. That was my service for the week. Good stuff, right?
Well, I love you guys.
 
Love, 
 
Elder Richards
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment