Tuesday, April 5, 2016

The week April 4, 2016

Dear Family
     This week had kinda a rough start. My companion sprained his ankle while playing basketball so we were down for the night and most of the next day. But is all good because Elder Miura is a champ and we went out and worked. He could barely walk at first but he did it anyways. His ankle is now better and he can walk normal but he still can't play basketball, he's upset, ha. But while we were in the apartment, I cleaned and he slept and then we watched Meet the Mormons. It was fun. That was my first time seeing that movie.
     General Conference is pretty awesome. I think I used to just take it for granted before but now it is actually cool to listen to the Prophet and the Apostles. Me, I like Priesthood session the best. I agree, I liked it when Sister Oscarson did her throw down.  It is much needed sometimes, ha. Elder Miura and I were just waiting for Elder Holland to get up, so at the very end when Elder Holland was speaking, we were just kinda pumped, ha.  He did a good job, a lot of little jokes.  It was fun. But I think it's funny how General Conference used to be like a super boring thing to me but now I get all giddy when I hear that an Apostle is going to say something.  So, yeah, it was good.
      Funny little side note, I was looking at the Ensign for 2015 November.  As I was grazing through the pictures, guess who I saw, Chris Dean, or Deen or how ever you spell his name.  Anyways, I saw him and I got all excited because I knew him, haha.  So I showed my companion, he doesn't know him so he didn't care at all haha.  But I thought it was neat.
     So, yeah, our week was good.  We started teaching Jyssikas whole family and they actually came to General Conference so we are super pumped to teach them.  Jyssikas baptism is this Saturday so we are super pumped about that! So,yes, even with the rough start we had a good week. 
Love, your favorite blonde Elder,
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment