Tuesday, March 22, 2016

A Big Kid Toy March 21, 2016

Dear family,
     The week was good I would say. We found some new investigators so that's good. We found this one family, they are pretty cool and the daughter seems super prepared. b\But the problem is that her parents speak Spanish and she didn't want to really do it without her family.  So, of course, we had to pass them off to the Spanish Elders.  It's a bummer but I know the Spanish elders will take good care of them. 
     To address the title and the picture, we have a member who is now retired but in his spare time he likes to build things. Sometimes it is out of wood but lately what he has been working on are mini motorcycles.  I won't lie, it was pretty fun. That little bugger only has a lawn mover engine on it but to me it went pretty fast, haha. It probably wasn't that fast if you were looking at me but riding it was fun. So this guy just made a little motorcycle and he also made a little 3 wheeler.  That one isn't quite finished yet so I haven't got to try that bad boy. 
     This Sunday I got to confer the Aaronic Preisthood and ordain Marion. It was pretty cool. It's interesting to me that now I am a part of his line of authority.  He is doing very well.
     With Jyssika, we are pushing her baptism back a week.  It is all good because she is still super pumped for it,so things are going well there too. Her Aunt has been super helpful through this whole time. She is a blessing because she basically teaches her when we are gone so Jyssika is progressing super well. 
      But yeah, that's what's been happening in the hood here.  I need a hair cut. 
Love,
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment