Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Traffic.......February 1, 2016

Dear Family
     Well, the big thing, I guess, that happened this week was that I got a new companion. His name is Elder Miura, he is from Japan. I love this  man, haha. He pretty funny and is always trying to work his hardest. He speaks English very well but sometimes he asks me how to say something or what a word means and it makes me really question my grammar skills, haha. He has been teaching me one Japanese word a day, so by the end of this transfer I should be speaking fluent Japanese, (chuckle ,chuckle) like a boss.
    I will tell you a story that kinda describes how people in Cali drive. Yesterday we were going home like any other day. Now the wind has been blowing a ton for the past two days and a lot of trees and stuff are in the road. As we are driving, a huge tumble weed that is larger than me and looks like a tree is just sitting in the middle of the road. We didn't really see it until we were up close. My companion stopped kinda suddenly and, of course, we get rear ended. Don't worry, every one is fine, even the cars haha.  This morning we had to go to the office and get everything sorted out. On the way back home from sorting everything out, I had the opportunity to watch a six car pile up, ha ha. As we drove by I watched as one car right after the other just ran right into the car in front of them on the freeway. It was kinda intense and I pray that every one is alright, but the whole time I'm just sitting there thinking... California Traffic, man. It's dangerous, haha, no lie.
     Now on the more Spiritual side of things. We have been teaching Marion and things have been just awesome with this man, especially after we went to the Los Angeles Temple with him. I am pretty sure he is going to be baptized soon. It is just awesome to see truly how much the Gospel and the Spirit have and is changing him. He now has dropped coffee, cold turkey, and is getting closer to his Baptism. I am super pumped. 
    Well congratulations Ben !! that is awesome.
I love you all 
Sayonara
Love,
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment