Monday, February 8, 2016

I did it!....February 8, 2016

Dear Family,
     You probably don't care but I'm going for the big news anyway. For the first time in my life, I solved a rubix cube, haha. My companion taught me and after a week, I finally did it--right before I came to email actually. Big things are happening.
     Anyway, on to things that actually matter. Now we get to make trips to Huntington Beach to teach this one Japanese lady. She fed us a bunch of Japanese food and some other stuff that tasted like she made it 5 days ago, haha, but don't worry, we ate it anyway. We had this weird tofu and fish soup. Elder Miura loved it, but to me it was just kinda weird, haha. Then we went to a less active member's house for dinner. Since they are also Japanese, we had this huge Japanese feast called Shabu-Shabu. Kevin probably knows what that is. It was really cool and pretty fun. You take a bunch of thinly sliced meat and put it in boiling water for like 5 seconds and then it is cooked. you can look up the rest haha. [Editor's note: Shabu-Shabu is a Japanese dish featuring thinly sliced beef boiled in water. The term is an onomatopœia, derived from the sound emitted when the ingredients are stirred in the cooking pot. The meal consists of thinly sliced meat and vegetables and served with dipping sauces]
     We are having a lot of progress with our boy, Marion. I say boy but he is 68. Anyway, he is just chuggin along with the lesson, he is reading the Book of Mormon and should totally be ready for Baptism on the 20th. Super pumped. 
     We teach this one lesson and we call it CPR. It keeps us alive spiritually. It stands for church C, Prayer P, and Reading R. I don't know why but our investigators just love that stuff , haha. They are all like " don't worry Elders, I'm doing CPR ". I love it. Now the real question is if they actually do those three things, haha.
     To be honest, this week has been kinda normal. I'm just getting used to a new companion and a new- ish district, but it's all good because the Lord is with us. 

Love,
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment