Sunday, August 16, 2015

Goodbye MTC August 10, 2015

So guess who showed up for a Tuesday devotional at the MTC. It was President Nelson, President of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles! Won't lie, it was awesome. I was actually close enough to see the wrinkles on his face, in real life not even on camera, ha ha. It was a really cool devotional and it taught some great things about being disciples of the Lord. It was super cool.

You know, some Elders told me when we first got here that days feel like weeks and weeks feel like days, and that is soooo true. After the first Sunday, the days felt long but the week went by super fast to me. Now its my last day at the MTC and I'm so excited to actually get out to Long Beach. Today at the MTC we decided to practice street contacting people. I went on splits with this one missionary, Elder Bischoffs, and so we were walking around just talking to random people. After the first couple people and sharing an uplifting thought, we saw this one guy walking towards us. We were like lets talk to this guy. So we get to him and say hey and he's just like "sorry, I don't have time" and then literally starts running away from us. We just sat there and watched him shrink into the distance. It was just salty because he ran away before we could even say anything, haha, good one. One of the teachers that was supervising us at this little shindig actually went to Long Beach for her mission. She was telling us about some people in the mission and about the areas that we will be serving in--except Compton because the Sisters aren't allowed in that area. I wonder why... haha, psych. That makes sense but it was good to hear more about it. 

We had a Sister in our zone that was going to this random set of islands and their language was the most fun this to try and read. It was like having really bad English and you don't learn it in the MTC. You have to go and learn it in the field. The Book of Mormon was super fun to read in her language.  Everything you say sounds like you have a Jamaican accent. Bok Blong Mormon is how you say Book of Mormon. It was great. 
 
Just to let you know, I won't be able to get those cookies you sent me which is actually super upsetting. I didn't get it today and I won't have time to get it when I wake up because I have to wake up and get ready to leave by 3:35 in the morning to go to Long Beach. That is going to be interesting but, like I said, I'm super pumped to go. 

Love you guys and thanks for everything. May the Spirit be with you.
PS Alma 29:9 an instrument in the Lords hand to bring some soul unto repentance and this is my glory.

 Love Elder Richards  

No comments:

Post a Comment